THE BULLET 09
SpeedFlying is dangerous
- For Ski or Foot Launched Flight: New 16m size for the big guys, and for ridge soaring (dynamic or thermal lift).
- Light, packable material makes gathering the wing up after a flight much easier.
- Braided unsheathed lines are more resistant to damage, easier to inspect, and less prone to tangles / knots.
- Balanced line arrangement has resulted in better sail tension, with far better roll behaviour
- Highly stable profile with reduced efficiency for a better (higher) sink rate in the turn and a more carving, lift-free feel, making it easier to stay near the terrain.
- Incredibly easy launch and landing
- Improved ‘carving turn’ and roll coordination
- More progressive handling
- Color and design revisions for 2009
The Bullet 09 is the Newest Generation of Ozone Speed. Developed by Rob Whittall and the Ozone Test Team, the Bullet 09 is the choice for discovering the sports of Speed Flying and Speed Riding, or taking those sports to the next level: It’s up to you.
Whether you plan to ridge soar when it’s too windy to fly your big wing, foot launch a peak or ski-launch a massive snowy mountain, the Bullet 09 Series has the wing for you.
Each size of the Bullet 09 is a perfect scale in size and behavior. Simply choose your size according to the wing loading you want - high wing loading for experts, low wing loading for beginners. Experts beware - for ski launched flight, you will want the new Bullet GT!
- Easy launch. This is imperative for any pilot, and the sometimes difficult launching conditions that can be experienced in the mountains (tailwind, crosswind, etc).
- Relatively slow speed take-off. the profile is high lift, allowing early take-off and excellent slower speed performance.
- In flight stability. The line configuration and sail tension of the Bullet 008 help reduce in-flight glider movement to a minimum.
- Handling. Speed-flying wings have very high wing-loading and therefore the handling must be smooth and progressive, with a long brake range to help prevent pilots from over-controlling the wing.
- Landing. The high lift profile and moderate sail tension allow the wing to be slowed down easily for soft, slow speed landings.
- Durability. OzTech 30gm2:This cloth has been tested from the Polar ice-caps to the Sahara desert and we are very confident that it is the best material possible for Speed-Flying.
- Cousin Dyneema lines: these water tolerant braided lines are highly resistant to cutting by ski edges and rocks and can withstand heavy use in wet environments.